INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
JURNAL PENGOLAHAN HASIL PERIKANAN INDONESIA (JPHPI)
Indonesian Fisheries Processing Journal
- Manuscripts must be original, have not been published previously in any scientific journal, nor being submitted for publication elsewhere, and will not be submitted to any media during the review process unless the authors have officially withdrawn the manuscripts from JPHPI. The statement must be submitted in a statement of originality and copyright release form.
- Manuscripts submitted are a research article or a review that has no conflict with bioethical research.
- Manuscripts encompass a broad range of research topics in biochemical aspects of fisheries, biotechnology of fisheries, food processing, characteristics of raw materials, and quality of aquatic products.
- The journal is published 3 (three) times a year, i.e April, August, and December.
- If authors have any suggestions for 3 (three) peer-reviewers, please write the name, institution, and email.
- The manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia or English and use standard scientific usage.
- The manuscript should be prepared in Microsoft Office Word format (.doc or .docx), except for Graphs using Microsoft Excel program and Figures using JPEG, TIF, or PDF.
- The manuscript should be typed using Times New Roman fonts at 12 points.
- The manuscript should be typed double-spaced except for Title, Tables, Title of Graphs/Figures, and appendices that are single-spaced. The manuscript is prepared in A4 paper, and the margin on all four sides is 2.5 cm.
- Tables, Graphs, and Figures should be placed after the References of the manuscript.
- Line and page numbers are added.
- Manuscript content should be arranged as the following order: Title, name of the author(s), their institutions and e-mail address, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgment (if any), References.
- The manuscript should be submitted electronically through the online system: http://journal.ipb.ac.id/index/php/jphpi
Authors who are unable to submit electronically could send the files to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTENT OF MANUSCRIPT
- The title must be brief, accurate, clear, specific and informative which reflects the article content. The length of the title is a maximum of 20 words. Each word of the title should be capitalized and is written with 14 pt bold Times New Roman and be centered.
- The name of the author(s) is written as for references, without title and professional positions such as Prof, Dr, MSc, MS, Manager, etc. Name of author(s) should be in 12 pt Times New Roman bold. Do not abbreviate your last/family name. Always give your First and Last names.
- The name of the institution(s) must be accompanied with full address and e-mail address. Please indicate Corresponding Author (include email address) by adding an asterisk (*) in superscript behind the name with an Arabic number. Name of institution(s) should be in 11 pt Times New Roman.
- The abstract must be written in Bahasa and English, in a single paragraph and not more than 250 words (for non-Bahasa speakers, please contact the editor). The abstract contains a clear statement of the objective, methods, results, and conclusion. The abstract should be in 10 pt with 1 pts space below.
- Keywords should be written in not more than 5 (five) words and listed alphabetically.
- The introduction describes the background and objective (position at the end of the introduction section); it should be written efficiently and supported by references. The introduction also illustrates the state of the arts of the research.
- Materials and Methods should be written clearly and completely, especially for materials, procedures, experimental design, and data analysis; so they can be repeated by other researchers. Authors should state clearly information about commercial products and equipment used in the research, such as commercial name, product specifications, and country. For the chemicals, please provide details of brand, purity, city, and country (i.e. H3BO4 2% (Merck, Darmstadt, Germany)).
- Results and Discussion contain experimental obtained results, a brief discussion regarding the investigated problems, and supporting references. Results and Discussion should be written collectively. They should not be separated.
- The conclusion should be written briefly in a single paragraph and reflect the answer to the research purpose.
- Acknowledgment (if any) to person(s) or institution(s) who help or support the experiment should be stated.
- References should have a minimum of 80% of journals
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Manuscripts received by Jurnal Pengolahan Hasil Perikanan Indonesia will be reviewed through several stages:
- The sent manuscript will be evaluated whether it has conformity with the journal template, purpose and scope of the journal, and the method used (rejected if it does not meet the criteria)
- The submitted manuscript must be free of plagiarism content, the maximum limit of similarity is 30%. The manuscript will be rejected if the similarity is high, however, the author will be asked for clarification if the similarity is low.
- The submitted manuscript will be reviewed by at least two peer reviewers. Reviewers do not know the identity of the author, and the author does not know the identity of the reviewer (double-blind review method). A review of the manuscript will pay attention to the novelty of the writing, the theory used, the method used, the results and discussion, conclusions and suggestions.
- Records given by reviewers will be discussed in the editor's meeting to decide whether the manuscript is rejected, requires major revisions, requires minor revisions, or is accepted.
- If the decision is a revision, the author will be contacted to revise the text and must be returned to the editor without delay. Returned more than one months will be considered as a new shipment.
- After the manuscript has been revised by the author and returned to the editor, the editor will make the final decision.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION FEE
- Author(s) are charged IDR 1.500.000,- for Indonesian author(s) or 200 US$ for foreign author(s) for each article accepted for publication. Corresponding authors will get 2 (two) reprints.
- Colour images page(s) will be charged separately.
- The article processing fee shall be paid upon submission of the manuscript, however the payment does not guarantee the acceptance of the manuscript. The manuscript will be sent to reviewers for rigorous checking. In case, the manuscript is rejected the fee will be refunded.
DECLARATION OF ORIGINALITY
I declare that this manuscript is my/our original work and it is submitted for first publication to Jurnal Pengolahan Hasil Perikanan. The letter should be download here