Already have a Username/Password for Jurnal Teknologi Dan Industri Pangan?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
SCOPE, POLICY, AND AUTHORS GUIDELINES
Jurnal Teknologi & Industri Pangan (Journal of Food Technology and Industry) publishes high quality research articles on food sciences, food technology or its applications in food industry. The published articles can be in the form of research articles or short communications which have not been published previously in other journals(except in the form of an abstract or academic thesis/dissertation or presented in seminar/conference).
Types of manuscript
A research article is an original full-length research paper which should not exceed 4,500 words (including table and figures). Research article should be prepared according to the following order: title, authors name and affiliations, abstract, keywords, introduction, materials and method, result and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement (optional), and references.
A short communication is up to 3,000 words (including table and figures) and consists of title, authors name and affiliations, abstract, keywords, introduction, materials and method, result and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement (optional), and references. A short communication should contribute an important novelty for science, technology, or application.
The authors are fully responsible for accuracy of the content. Any correspondence regarding the manuscript will be addressed to the correspondent author who is clearly stated including his/her email address, telephone and fax number (including area code), and the complete mailing address. The correspondent author will handle correspondence with editor during reviewing process. The author are required to suggest three potential reviewer names including their email address.
Preparation of the manuscript
- The manuscript should be written in a good English. It must be type written on A4 paper by using Microsoft Word processor with Arial Narrow 12 font and 1.5 spaced
- All graphics and table should be prepared in separate pages.
- If the manuscritpt has been presented in scientific meeting, please mention in the footnote the detail about the meeting (name of conference, date, place).
- When animal/human subject is involved in the in-vivo study, ethical clearance should be included in the manuscript by stating the number of ethical approval obtained from ethic committee.
- Soft copy of a manuscript should be sent to the editor by e-mail.
Guideline for the manuscript content
- The title of the article should be brief and informative (max.10 words).
- The title is written all in capital letters, except for the species name of organisms.
- The institution where authors are affiliated should be completely written (Laboratory/department, and institution name).
- Abstract written in one paragraph in English and the Indonesian language (in italics), Abstract is not more than 250 words.
- The abstract should state briefly background, material and method, the main findings supported by quantitative data which is relevant to the title, andthe major conclusions.
The keywords consists of no more than 5 important words representing the content of the article and can be used as internet searching words and arranged in alphabetical order.
The introduction states background of the research supported mainly by the relevant references and ended with the objectives of the research.
Materials and Methods
- The materials used in the research should have clear specification and source.
- The methods used in the study should be explained in detail to allow the work to be reproduced. Reference should be cited if the method had been published.
- Specification of the instruments and equipments (except for glass wares) should also be mentioned clearly.
Results and Discussion
- The title of tables and figures should be numbered consecutively according to their appearance in the text.
- The discussion of the results should be supported by relevant references.
- Decimals numbers adjusted to the type of analysis.
- The data presented as mean ±SEM. All data must be accompanied by appropriate statistical analyses, including complete information on sampling, replication, and how the statistical method employed was chosen.
Conclusion is drawn based on the result, discussion, and the objectives of the research.
Acknowledgement (if necesary)
Acknowledgement contains the institution name of funding body/grants/sponsors or institution which provides facilities for the research project, or persons who assisted in technical work and manuscript preparation
- References are arranged in alphabetical.
- Title of book is written with a capital letter for each initial word, except for conjunctions and forewords, while title of journal is only written in capital letter for the initial letter of the first word.
- The name of journal/bulletin is written using standard abbreviation according to ISI’s list of journal title abbreviations.
- Year, volume and pages should be completely written.
- Reference from the internet is written along with the date accessed.
- Minimum 80% of the cited references should be from the journals published within the last 10 years.
- DOI (Digital Object Identifier)number should be mentioned, if applicable.
Reference to a journal publication:
Yuliana ND, Iqbal M, Jahangir M, Wijaya CH, Korthout H, Kottenhage M, Kim HK, Verpoorte R. 2011. Screening of selected Asian spices for anti obesity-related bioactivities. Food Chem 126: 1724 – 1729. DOI:10.1016/j.foodchem.2010.12.066.
Reference to a book:
Lioe HN, Apriyantono A, Yasuda M. 2012. Soy Sauce: Typical Aspects of Japanese Shoyu and Indonesian Kecap. 93-102. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida.
Reference to a thesis/dissertation
Merdiyanti A. 2008. Paket Teknologi Pembuatan Mi Kering dengan Memanfaatkan Bahan Baku Tepung Jagung [Skripsi]. Bogor: Fakultas Teknologi Pertanian, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
Reference to an internet website:
Van der Sman RGM. 2012. Soft matter approaches to food structuring. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0001868612000620.[04 Juni 2012].
Galey proof will be sent by email to correspondence author. The corrected proof should be returned within 5 working days to ensure timely publication of the manuscript.
Manuscript is sent to:
Redaksi Jurnal Teknologi & Industri Pangan
Departemen Ilmu dan Teknologi Pangan, FATETA IPB
Kampus IPB Darmaga, PO.Box 220 Bogor 16002
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
The manuscript file is prepared in Microsoft Word, double-spaced with type of font is Arial 12 and A4 paper. All graphics and figures should be printed by Laser printer, or prepared in separate sheet using Excel program and included in the soft copy of manuscript.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.