Media Konservasi is scientific journal which publish article particularly conservation natural resource and environment. The Journal of Media Konservasi has been distributed to several libraries, forest and environment institutions in Indonesia. The media conservation published three series in every year.
The manuscript should be written in English language. The manuscript which is proposed must never be published in others media. Here writing guidance for the manuscript:
- Manuscript is a science writing based on the result of research, literature study, essay and book review.
- Manuscript or research article must be linked in tittle, writer identity, abstract, key word, introduction, research method, result and discussion, conclusion and a thank-you note, reference and appendix (if necessary).
- The tittle must be clear and maximum fourteen (14) words in Indonesian and twelve (12) words in English Language.
- The writer identity includes the full name of writer (avoid using acronym) and put arabic number respectively for explanation about the writer (if more than one writer). Full address contains institution name, institution address and postal code, country of origin. For the correspondence writer shall put an email address which can be used to communicate quickly and easily.
- The Abstract in 250 words at most, arranged in one paragraph, written in bilingual namely Bahasa and English language which clearly, intact, and completely illustrates the essence of the contents of the entire writing not a summary of the writing. The abstract contains a resume of the background of the problem, research methods, results and discussion.
- The key words contain three to five words which reflects the concept that contained in the article and arranged alphabetical.
- Introduction (includes the reasons for doing research, problems, objectives, a little literature review, and hypotheses if any). The purpose of the study is stated explicitly and written in the last paragraph.
- The research methods are described in detail and clearly combined in one chapter title (consist of study location, materials and tools if any, research design, data collection techniques, data processing and analysis).
- Result and discussion are combined in one chapter. Table and picture could be combined or separated with this chapter within explanation.
- Conclusions are the answer of the research objectives and do not contain a summary of the results. Conclusions are written in paragraph form and do not using bullet points.
- Pictures (photographs, diagrams, graphs, etc.) are presented in black and white. Color pictures will still print in black and white.
- Reference compiled with following CSE style of Harvard system. Arranged alphabetically by author's last name with the following format:
Journal: Authors BA, Authors FE, Authors LK. Year. Title of articles. Journal Name. Volume (Number): **page-page**
Example: Santosa Y, Supartono, Thohari AM. 2011. Preferensi dan pendugaan produktivitas pakan alami populasi Gajah Sumatera (Elephas maximus sumatranus Temmick 1847) di Hutan Produksi Khusus Pusat Latihan Gajah (PLG) Seblat Bengkulu Utara. Media Konservasi. 16(3):149-155.
Book: Authors BA, Authors DC, Authors FE. Year. Year. Title of book. City: Publisher.
Example: Steiner F. 2002. Human Ecology. Washington DC: Island Press.
Part of Book or Compilation of writings: Authors BA, Authors DC, Authors FE. Year. Title of articles. Inside: Name of Editor GH. Title of book. City: Publisher. **page-page**
Example: Nugroho T. 2008. Atas Nama Hutan: Praktek Teritorialisasi Kehutanan di Indonesia. In: Suporahardjo, Setyowati AB, editor. Desentralisasi Tata Kelola Hutan di Indonesia. Bogor: Pustaka latin. pg 48-65.
Periodical Scientific Electronics: Authors BA. Year. Title of article [Internet]. [downloaded year month date]. Available at: website address.
Example: Savage E, Ramsy M, White J, Bread S, Lawson H, Hunjan R, Brown D. 2005. Mumps outbreaks accros England ad Wales in 2004: observational study [Internet]. [diunduh 2010 Des 28]. Tersedia pada: http://mbmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/reprint/330/7500/1119
Newspaper: Authors BA. Date of published (Year month date). Title of articles. Name of newspaper. Section information, if any: Starting page number of the article (column number).
Example: Khomsan A. 2008 Aprl 11. Hilangnya identitas izi dalam pembangunan. Kompas. Rubrik Opini:4 (kol 3-7).
Tessis or Dissertation: Authors BA. Year. Title of Thesis or Dissertation [Thesis/Dissertation].University City of origin (include National Code based on ISO 3166): University.
Example: Rafika. 2011. Perencanaan Jalur Interpretasi Alam di Pulau Kapota, Taman Nasional Wakatobi [Skripsi]. Bogor: Institut Pertanian Bogor.
- Essay article/ research review (equal result) including:
- The tittle must be clear and written maximum in 14 words in Bahasa and 12 words in English.
- Author's identity contains the full name of the author (avoid using abbreviations) and is given Arabic numerals in sequence for information about the author (if more than one author). The complete address of the author contains the institution / institution of origin of the author (agency name, address and postal code, country name), equipped with a telephone number, facsimile and email that can be used to communicate easily and quickly.
- The Abstracts contain 300 words at most, arranged in one paragraph, are written in bilingual namely English and Bahasa, which clearly, intact, and completely describe the essence of the entire contents of the writing, not a summary of the writing. Asbtrak includes at least objectives, short methods, important findings, no reference to literature, images and tables.
- Key word consists about three to five words.
- The Introduction must be without subtitles
- The number of subtitles is adjusted to the needs
- The reviewed book is a book published in last three years. The article for book review consists of:
- The book tittle, author, publisher, publish year, the total of pages and ISBN
- Review contents
- The manuscript is typed within 2 spaces in A4 paper with minimum number of pages 15 and maximum of 20 pages, using Times New Roman 12, with 4 cm left border, 3 cm upper, middle and right border. The beginning of each paragraph starts with the first line indent 0.75 cm and use line number.
- The citation technique follows the format of the author date page (ADP) by specifying the author's name and year of publication enclosed for the beginning and middle text of the paragraph, and the entire name and year are enclosed in brackets for the ending paragraph text without using commas.
- The tittle of chapter is not written with number. The numbering of sub chapter uses Arabic number (for instance 1, 1.1. and et cetera) avoid using bulleting.
- Graphs obtained from the data processing, the data is sent in a separate file from the article file that is accompanied by the name of the program that build the graphic and accompanied by basic data (for example, graphs or diagrams derived from data processing using Microsoft Excel, this document must also be attached).
- Article must be submitted to http://journal.ipb.ac.id/index.php/konservasi/user/register
- 80% of the reference list must be containing primary reference.
- Quoting and compiling the references using the standard citation application (endnotes, delays, RefWorks, Zotero or reference manager).
- Revision manuscript from reviewer must use track change.
- The decisions for acceptance, rejection, and also loading of the manuscript will be notified to the author in writing or with other media.
- Manuscripts that Has been submitted and load in journals are become the prerogative rights of editors and used as data banks and cannot be contested.
- Manuscripts that are not loaded will not be returned unless the sending of the manuscript is accompanied by a reply postage.