The journal publishes research paper, technical paper, or review articles that are related to aquaculture. Articles must be original and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. It must be written in good English by using editable files in Microsoft Word. The article submission form must be filled out and attached along with the submitted manuscript. Authors should carefully consider the list and orders of the authors and ensure that the publication is approved by all authors. The authors are expected to ensure that all authors name is written accurately. Affiliation of the authors are the addresses where the actual work was done, which include the full postal address and e-mail address. Additional affiliation or address can be added if an author has moved since the research in the article was done. Corresponding author is the author who will be responsible correspondence at all stages of publication, therefore please ensure that corresponding author has a clear postal address, e-mail address and phone numbers (with country and area code) are provided. To submit the article, please login to our online submission system and follow the submission steps. For technical support on submissions, please contact us. The authors are required to provide complete names and institutional e-mail addresses of at least three potential referees, who are not a member of their institutions.
- The manuscript is written with single-column format using 12 pts Times New Roman. Maximum word for each article is 12,000 words
- Use the international system of units (SI) or SI-derived units to express unit of measurements. including that that derived units must be used. Use the slash to indicate a ratio (e.g., mg/L instead of mg.L-1).
- All biota names should be followed by their scientific names when first used in the text. If no common name exists in English, only scientific name should be used
- Define abbreviations that are not standard in aquaculture field at their first mention
- Numbers under 10 should be spelt out, except for measurement with a unit. Do not start the sentences with numbers. Use commas to separate thousands and a dot for decimals.
- Every reference cited in the manuscript should be listed in the reference list and vice versa. To comply with the National Journal Accreditation Regulation in Indonesia, the authors need to ensure that minimum 80% of the cited references are published within the last 10 years.
- References should be written according to the following format:
- For single-author: Jones (1994) or (Jones, 1994)
- For two authors: Smith and Jones (1994) or (Smith & Jones, 1994)
- For three or more authors: Smith et al. (1994) or (Smith et al., 1994)
- For a reference that has been accepted for publication: Jones (in press) or (Jones, in press)
- Unpublished results and personal communication are not recommended, but may be mentioned in the manuscript, e.g. (Humboldt State University, unpublished data) or Ishihara (Humboldt State University, personal communication)
- Groups of references is listed chronologically using brackets and separated by semicolon. Examples: (Smith, 1991; Jones, 1994)
- Each section header should be written in bold capital letters (uppercase) with center alignment. Sub-section should be written in bold sentence case letters with left alignment
The article is arranged in the following order:
A concise and informative title should be written in English and followed with its translation in Bahasa. The titles should be written using bold sentence case letters with center alignment
- THE AUTHOR’S NAME AND THEIR INSTITUTION
Write the names of the authors and their institutions accurately after the title of article. For example:
First Author1, Second Author2
1First Author’s Institution,
2Second Author’s Institution.
Correspondence: Address of corresponding author followed by an e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract should be written in English and Bahasa (maximum 250 words). It contains a brief of summary of the article including the objective of the research, the main methodology, results and conclusion. Please avoid of using non-standard or uncommon abbreviations.
A maximum of 5 keywords should be written in alphabetical order and provided both in English and in Bahasa.
This section contains the background and the aim of the research
- MATERIALS AND METHODS
This section presents a clear and concise research procedures that allows the work to be reproduced by another researcher. Methods that have been published previously should be summarize and indicated by a reference, any modifications should also be described.
Results should be written separately from the discussion. The results should be presented clearly and in detail. The statements on the results can be based on a method that has been done or presented in the form of texts, tables, and figures.
The results of the data should be discussed in this section. This section should explore the significance of the results and/or comparison to previous research, including the uniqueness of the research.
This section should present the conclusions of the study, and could be written separately or included as a part of the discussion.
This section is used to acknowledge any institutions or individuals that provide funding sources or help during the research.
References should contain a list of references cited in the manuscript that is arranged in alphabetically by the last name of the first author. If there are two or more publications from the same author(s) in the same year, add letters to the year of publication to distinguish each reference (example: (Alimuddin et al., 2009a, b; Ekasari & Wiyoto 2010a).
Author AB, Author CD, Author EF. 2013. The title of the article. Journal volume: page. Example: Shirakashi S, Hirano C, BA, Noor Asmara BM Ishimaru K, Miyashita, s. 2013. Shading reduces Neobenedenia girellae infection on cultured greater amberjack Serioladumerili. Fish Pathology 48: 25–28.
Author GH, Author IJ. 2010. The Title of The Book, 3rd edition. Place of Publication: Name of Publisher. Example: [FAO]. 2010. The State of World Fisheries and Aquaculture 2010. Rome, Italy: FAO.
Chapters in an edited book
Author KL, Author MN. 2012. The title of the chapter: Subtitle. In: the Editor, the Editor of EF, Editor GH (eds). Title of Book, 2nd edition. Place of publication: Name of Publisher. pp page reference. Example: JH Tidwell, Allan g. 2012. The Role of Aquaculture: the Status of Aquaculture. In: Tidwell JH (ed). Aquculture Production Systems. Lowa, USA: John Wiley & Sons. pp. 7–11.
Thesis or dissertation
Author QR. 2009. The title of the thesis [Thesis]. City of Publication: The Institution of the Publisher. Example: Rohmana d. 2009. Konversi limbah budidaya ikan lele (Clarias sp.) menjadi biomassa bakteri heterotroph untuk perbaikan kualitas air dan makanan udang galah (Macrobrachium rosenbergii) [Tesis]. Bogor: Institut Pertanian Bogor.
Author ST. 2008. The title of the article. Webpage. [date of access]. Example: Windisch Schedle S, K, Pliztner C, Kroismayr a. 2008. Use of phytogenic feed additives u.s. products for swine and poultry. Journal of Animal Science 86:W140-E148. http://jas.fass.org/cgi/content/full86/14_suppl/E140. [29 December 2009].
[IUCN] The International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources. 2007. The IUCN red list of threatened species: 2001 categories and criteria (Version 3.1) http://www. iucnredlist.org. [8 October 2007].
Please note that it not recommended to use any reference that come from personal blogs
The titles of the tables should be consecutively numbered. Please provide an editable form of tables and not as images. If applicable, please present the data in means with standard deviations or standard errors. All abbreviations and symbols should be described in footnotes. Use a font size of 10 pts for the title and the content of the tables. The table should be cited in the text.
Figures should be presented in clear black and white format with sufficient resolution. Each figure should have a concise and informative caption with the explanation of all symbols and abbreviation used in the figure. Please use a font size of 10 pts for figure captions. If applicable, please provide statistical measure (standard deviation or standard errors) on charts or graphs. If the chart or graph is created using Microsoft Office application, please supply the figure in the original document format.
Upon acceptance, authors will be noticed to fill in Author Statement Form and pay the publication fee. Payment charged to the publication of an article depends on the original language of the submitted manuscript:
- Manuscript written in Bahasa will be charged IDR 2.000.000 for publication fee which includes English translation fee
- Manuscript written in English will be charged IDR 1.500.000
Payment can be done through Virtual Account Rektor 8552150502330132 BNI, an SUA IFF (Integrated Fish Farming). After you have completed the publication fee, please inform us by email along with the payment proof and the Author Statement Form or you can contact us.