AUTHOR GUIDELINES (download)
Agromet is published twice a year by the Indonesian Association of Agricultural Meteorology (PERHIMPI) in collaboration with Department of Geophysics and Meteorology, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, IPB University. Agromet publishes original research articles or reviews that have not been published elsewhere. The scope of publication includes agricultural meteorology/climatology (the relationships between a wide range of agriculture and meteorology/climatology aspects). Articles related to meteorology/climatology and environment (pollution and atmospheric conditions) may be selectively accepted for publication.
The copyright of the manuscript submitted in Agromet is retained to the Author(s).
3. Editorial Team
Editorial Team will select and review each article prior to publication and is responsible for determining article being published, revised or rejected. The Editorial Team is to decide its reviewers who will provide comments whether the article is qualified for publication in terms of topic and metodology. Those comments will be the basis for the Editorial Team to publish the article.
Research article consists of report on field experiments, analysis of secondary data and modeling.
Review article is synthesis of primary references (particularly research article presented in peer review journals) for a special topic.
Article is written either in Indonesian or English (using proper American English language). The authors are responsible for spelling and grammar of the manuscript.
Articles are freely available to the wider public with permitted reuse. A publication fee is payable by authors, or their institution or funder.
5. Revision by Authors
The authors are responsible for the revision of the manuscript suggested by reviewers. The manuscript will only be published after the authors re-submit the revised manuscript by the deadline set by the Editorial Team.
6. Guidelines for Writing Manuscript
The manuscript is typed in two spacing on A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm) and Gadugi 10 pts. The maximum is 500 lines without tables and figures, and each line should be numbered. Tables and Figures are submitted in different files. Please provide a maximum of only 6 figures. The manuscript, tables, and figures should only be submitted online to http://journal.ipb.ac.id/index.php/agromet. The figures are in *.jpg format file while table should be in *.xls format file. Examples of the file names are as follows :
- Manuscript : surname of first author_manuscript.doc
Example : Handoko_manuscript.doc
- Figure : surname of first author_figure(i).jpg
Example : Handoko_figure1.jpg
Example : Handoko_figure2.jpg
- Table : surname of first author_table(i).xls
Example : Handoko_table1.xls
i = 1, 2, 3 … .
The manuscript should consist of: title, authors and affiliations, abstract, keywords, introduction, methods, results and discussion, conclusions, and references. You can download the template of the manuscript here.
- Title should be as simple as possible with a maximum of 20 words, representing of research topic. Beneath the title, write the full names and affiliations of the authors including mail and email addresses.
- Abstract should not more than 300 words, containing brief background, objectives, method, and conclusions. Keywords underneath the abstract consist of five important words written according to alphabetical order.
- Introduction consists of the background and objectives of the research presented clearly and concisely.
- Methods describe in detail but concise about materials and methods used and should present the time and location of the research being conducted. Experimental design and instrumentation should be briefly described.
- Results and Discussions consist of results, and highlight important points which need special attention. It is necessary to compare the results with other findings to provide guidelines for future research. Description of results and discussion may use tables and figures for clarification. Each table and figure must be numbered according to the order in the text. The title of the table is presented above the table while the title of the figure is located below the figure.
- Conclusion should be presented concisely according to objectives followed by recommendations.
- References should be written in single spacing by using Gadugi 10 pts and add space after paragraph 6 pts. All citations in the manuscript must be available in the references, and vice-versa. References must present in alphabetical order in compliance with the author-date system. The references consist of at least 80% of peer review journals up-to-date. Each article has a minimum of 10 references. Please refer to the Agricultural and Forest Meteorology format and use Reference Manager Applications such as Zotero or Mendeley.
PERHIMPI will provide 5 reprints of the article published in Agromet to the corresponding author.
8. Ensuring a Blind Peer Review
To ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review for submission to this journal, every effort should be made to prevent the identities of the authors and reviewers from being known to each other. This involves the authors, editors, and reviewers (who upload documents as part of their review) checking to see if the following steps have been taken with regard to the text and the file properties:
- The authors of the document have deleted their names from the text, with "Author" and year used in the references and footnotes, instead of the authors' name, article title, etc.
- With Microsoft Office documents, author identification should also be removed from the properties for the file (see under File in Word), by clicking on the following, beginning with File on the main menu of the Microsoft application: File > Save As > Tools (or Options with a Mac) > Security > Remove personal information from file properties on save > Save.
- With PDFs, the authors' names should also be removed from Document Properties found under File on Adobe Acrobat's main menu.