Ethics of Scientific Publication in the “Jurnal Sumberdaya Hayati”
The "Jurnal Sumberdaya Hayati" is a peer-reviewed and an open access journal published by Department of Biology, Bogor Agricultural University (IPB University), Indonesia. The journal publishes significant and important research from all area of biodiversity, biosystematics, ecology, physiology, behavior, genetics and biotechnology. All life forms, ranging from microbes, fungi, plants, animals, and human, including virus.
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. This journal is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or / institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to full text articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or author. This is in accordance with Budapest Open Access Initiative.
This statement of the scientific code of ethics is a statement of the code of ethics of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely the manager, editor, bestari partners, and authors. The Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications essentially upholds three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, namely being free from conflicts of interest in managing publications; (ii) Justice, namely giving authorship rights to those entitled to be authors; and (iii) Honesty, namely free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism in publications.
- The publisher of the Journal (Department of Biology FMIPA IPB University) is responsible for publishing manuscripts that have gone through the editing, review and layout process in accordance with the publishing rules of Scientific Journals.
- The publisher of the journal is responsible for ensuring academic freedom for editors and reviewers in carrying out their respective duties.
- The publisher of the journal is responsible for maintaining privacy and protecting intellectual property and copyright, and editorial freedom.
- The editor of the journal is responsible for deciding which manuscripts are suitable for publication through editorial board meetings which refer to applicable legal requirements regarding defamation, copyright infringement, duplication, data fabrication, data falsification and plagiarism.
- In the process of reviewing and accepting manuscripts, the journal editorial team is based on the principle of equal treatment in making decisions to publish manuscripts without distinguishing between the race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality or political ideology of the author.
- The editor and editorial team of the journal will not disclose any information about submitted manuscripts or manuscripts unless with permission from the author.
- Unpublished manuscripts will not be used by research editors of the journal for their own purposes and will be returned directly to the author.
- Reviewers of journal assists editors in making editorial decisions on incoming manuscripts
- Reviewers of journal is responsible for the recommendations of the manuscripts it reviews.
- The review of the manuscript is carried out objectively, and is supported by clear arguments.
- Reviewers of journal is responsible for quotations, references, duplication, data fabrication, data falsification and plagiarism for the manuscripts it reviews.
- Reviewers of journal must always maintain the confidentiality of information and not use information from the manuscripts it reviews for personal gain/interest.
- Authors must present manuscripts resulting from their thoughts or research clearly, honestly, and without duplication, data fabrication, data falsification and plagiarism.
- The author is responsible for the confirmation submitted for the manuscript that has been written.
- The author must indicate references to the opinions and works of other people cited
- Authors must write manuscripts ethically, honestly and responsibly, in accordance with applicable scientific writing regulations.
- The author does not mind if the manuscript undergoes editing during the review and layout process without changing the substance or main idea of the writing.