Main Article Content
This study was aimed to apply Peleg Model to analyze rehydration of dried tekwan at several variations of water immersion temperature. The method used was descriptive and experimental of one factor treatment (Non Factorial), which was immersion temperature with four treatments level (30, 45, 70 and 90oC), each treatment was done triplicate. The parameter observed was moisture content at times of observation. The result showed that the Peleg Model coefficients (K1 and K2) were inversely affected by the temperature. The relationship was expressed into non-linear regression (polynomial) with R2 value of 0,973 and 0,988. It showed that the obtained Peleg model could be applied adequately for the rehydration of dried tekwan at some immersion temperature. The resulting model also met the statistical criteria with the largest SEE and MRE values 6.73% and 3.58%. The model could predict the dried tekwan rehydration best at the temperature of 30oC and 45oC with the smallest SEE and MRE values.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Benseddik, A., Azzi, A., Zidoune, M.N., Khanniche, R., Besombes, C. 2018. Empirical and diffusion models of rehydration process of differently dried pumpkin slices. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jssas.2018.01.003
- Cunningham, S. E., McMinn, W. A. M., Magee, T. R. A. dan Richardson, P. S. 2007. Modelling Water Absorption of Pasta during Soaking. J. Food Eng., 82 : 600-607
- Garcı´a-Pascual, P., Sanjua´n, N., Melis, R., Mulet, A. 2006. Morchella esculenta (morel) rehydration process modelling. Journal of Food Engineering 72: 346–353
- García-Segovia, P., Andrés-Bello,A., Martínez-Monzó, J. 2011. Rehydration of air-dried Shiitake mushroom (Lentinus edodes) caps: Comparison of conventional and vacuum water immersion processes. LWT - Food Science and Technology 44 (2): 480-488
- Hernando, I., Sanju´An, N., P´erez-Munuera, I, Mulet, A. 2008. Rehydration of Freeze-Dried and Convective Dried Boletusedulis Mushrooms:Effect on Some Quality Parameters. Journal of Food Science 73(8): 356-362
- Karneta, R. 2013. Difusivitas Panas dan Umur Simpan Pempek Lenjer. J. Keteknikan Pertanian. 1 (1): 131-141
- Markowski, M. dan Zielinska, M. 2011. Kinetics of Water Absorption and Soluble-Solid Loss of Hot air dried Carrots during Rehydration. Int. J. Food Sci. Tech. 46 : 1122-1128.
- Muñoz, I., Garcia-Gil, N., Arnau, J., Gou, P. 2012. Rehydration kinetics at 5 and 15oC of dry salted meat. Journal of Food Engineering 110: 465–471
- Pratama, F., Yuliati, K., dan Oktarina, I. 2004. Tekwan Kering Cepat Saji dan Metode Pembuatannya dengan Aplikasi Pembekuan. Nomor Paten : P00200300567.Universitas Sriwijaya. Palembang.
- Rafiq, A., Juri Chowdhary, J., Hazarika, M.K., Makroo, H.A. 2015. Temperature dependence on hydration kinetic model parameters during rehydration of parboiled rice. J Food Sci Technol 52(9):6090–6094, doi: 10.1007/s13197-015-1790-7
- Sabrina, C., Gupta, S, Abu-Ghannam, N. 2012. Effect of different rehydration temperatures on the moisture, content of phenolic compounds, antioxidant capacity and textural properties of edible Irish brown seaweed. LWT - Food Science and Technology 47: 300-307
- Shafaei, S.M., Masoumi A.A., Roshan, H. 2016. Analysis of water absorption of bean and chickpea during soaking using Peleg model. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences 15: 135–144
- Sharanagat, V. S. , Kansal, V., Kumar, K. 2018. Modeling the effect of temperature on the hydration kinetic whole moong grain. Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences Vol 17: 268–274
- Solomon, W. K. 2007. Hydration kinetics of lupin (lupinus albus) seeds. J. Food Process and Engineering. 30 : 119-130.
- Vergeldt, F.J, Van Dalen, G., Duijster, A.J., Voda, A., Khalloufi, S., Van Vliet, L.J., Van As H., Van Duynhoven, J.P.M, Van der Sman R.G.M. 2014. Rehydration kinetics of freeze-dried carrots. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ifset.2013.12.002
- Witrowa-Rajchert, D., dan Lewicki, P.P. 2006. Rehydration properties of dried plant tissues. J. Science and Technology. 41 : 1040-1046.