Main Article Content
The design of lug wheels are generally used for cultivation only, not for seeding, planting and weeding. This is due not compatible the shape and size of the lug wheel general design (existing). Therefore it would need to develop a design of narrow lug wheel which shape and size suitable for rice cultivation on the activities of seeding, planting and weeding. The purpose of this study is to analysis the performance of narrow lug wheel for wetland at soil bin test. Lug angle and lug height were were varied, designed lug angle of 300, 400 and 450, with with lug width 7 cm and lug heights 7 cm , 10.5 cm and 14 cm. Research result analysis included relation of tractive efficiency, wheel slip, wheel sinkage to several levels of drawbar load, and several levels of lug angle and lug height ratio. Lug angle have a dominant influence on the change of slip, sinkage and tractive efficiency. The optimal Lug dimension and lug angle is was was resulted by wide of lug was was 7 cm, high was was 10,5cm and and angle of of 45 degrees, maximum tractive efficiency value on optimal lug dimension and lug angle was was 24.5%.
Rancangan roda besi bersirip pada umumnya digunakan untuk budidaya pertanian terbatas hanya pada kegiatan pengolahan tanah, tidak untuk pembenihan, penanaman dan pemeliharaan tanaman. Hal ini disebabkan oleh tidak cocok bentuk dan ukuran roda besi bersirip rancangan umum (existing). Oleh sebab itu perlu kiranya dikembangkan sebuah rancangan roda ramping bersirip (narrow lug wheel) yang bentuk dan ukurannya sesuai untuk budidaya padi sawah pada kegiatan pembenihan, penanaman dan pemeliharaan. Tujuan penelitian untuk menganalisis kinerja model roda ramping bersirip (narrow lug wheel) pada lahan basah dengan pengujian di soil bin. Sudut sirip dan tinggi sirip divariasikan, sudut sirip dirancang sebesar 300, 400 dan 450 dan lebar sirip tetap 7 cm serta tinggi sirip 7 cm, 10.5 cm dan 14 cm. Analisis hasil penelitian meliputi: hubungan tractive efficiency (%), slipp (%), sinkage (cm) terhadap
beban tarik (N) pada berbagai tingkat sudut dan rasio sirip roda. Sudut sirip memiliki pengaruh dominan terhadap perubahan slip roda, ketenggelaman roda (sinkage) dan efisiensi traksi. Ukuran sirip dan sudut sirip optimum dihasilkan oleh sirip berdimensi lebar 7 cm dan tinggi sirip 10.5 cm dengan sudut sirip 45 derajat, nilai efisiensi traksi maksimum pada ukuran sirip dan sudut sirip optimum adalah sebesar 24.5%.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- [BPS] Badan Pusat Statistik. 2017. Statistik Indonesia. Badan Pusat Statistik Indonesia.
- Hermawan, W., 2001, The Development of Moveable Lug Wheel for a Walking Type Tractor, Final Report. The Young Academics Program
- Batch IV. Bogor Agricultural University.
- Hermawan, W., A. Oida, M. Yamazaki. 1998. Experimental analysis of soil reaction on a lug of a moveable lug wheel. J. Terramechanics. 35(2):
- Lilijedahl, J.B., W.M. Carleton, P.K. Turnquist, D.W. Smith. 1979. Tractor and Their Power Units 3th Edition. New York (US): John Willey and Sons.
- Oida, A. 1992. Terramechanics. Departement of Agricultural Engineering Faculty of Agriculture Kyoto University. Kyoto. JAPAN.
- Triratanasirichai, K., A. Oida, M. Honda. 1990. The performance of cage wheels for small power tiller. Journal of Terramechanics. 27(3): 193-205.
- Idkham, et al.