INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS OF AL-MUZARA'AH
- Manuscript must be in original version, has not been published previously in any scientific journal. If the paper has been published in other scientific journal or any unethical behaviors have been found (refer to Publication Ethics), the author(s) cannot publish the paper on this journal for three consecutive editions.
- Manuscript must be in the line of research topics (see Focus and Scope).
- Manuscript could be written in Indonesia or English.
- Manuscript should be submitted in Microsoft Word 2003.
- All manuscript should be typed on A4 (210x297 mm) paper with 4000 words minimum.
- Margins (left, right, top, and bottom) should be normal (2.54 cm).
- Author should not identify themselves directly or indirectly in the manuscript (except between the title and the abstract).
- Author(s) had to enclosed biography, consists of author’s name, email, affiliation address, educational background, academic job, other job which had correlation with Islamic economics and research proclivity, in the end of the manuscript.
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
- The manuscript is written in 11pt size of Times New Roman, 1 space, 12pt space to the next paragraph.
- The manuscript consists of title, the name(s) of author(s) and affiliation, introduction, methods, result and discussion, conclusion, and references.
- The chapter title is written in 12pt size of Times New Roman, bold, 18pt space to the previous paragraph, and 12pt space to the next paragraph or to the title of subchapter.
- The subchapter's title is written in 11pt size of Times New Roman, bold, 12pt space to the previous paragraph, and 6pt to the next paragraph.
- Title should be written in two language (Indonesia and English), maximum 15 words length. Title uses Times New Roman, 12pt size, bold, and capitalize each words.
- Title includes the author(s) name and affiliation. The author(s) name uses Times New Roman, 11pt size, and bold. The affiliation uses Times New Roman with 10pt size.
- The space between Indonesian title and English title is 12pt, between English title and author(s) name is double-space, author(s) name and affiliation is double-space, and one-space between affilitaion.
Abstract and Keywords
- Abstracts and keywords should be written in two language (English and Indonesia).
- Abstracts use Times New Roman and 10pt size. It is one spacing between lines and 12pt spacing for the new heading. Left and right indent 0.5 cm. Maximum length is 200 words.
- Keywords use Times New Roman and 10pt size, italic, lower case, maximum five keywords that reflect the content of the article. Keywords should be referred to JEL Classification System/JEL Codes Guide.
- Mathematics form should be numbered.
Graphic and Table
- Graphic and table should be in center and numbered.
- The title of the graphic and table should be lower case style and in the center of the graphic and table if it just a line or align right with the graphic or table if it’s more than one.
- References should conform to the APA Referencing Style.
- 80% of the references should be primary literature (journal and proceeding) in the last ten years.
- We suggest authors to use reference management software like EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc., to prepare citations and the list of references.
Adebayo, P. F. & Ojo, E. O. (2012). Food security in Nigeria: An overview. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 1(2), 199-221.
Yazid, A. S., Arifin, J., Hussin, M. R., & Wan Daud, W. N. (2012). Determinants of family takaful (Islamic life insurance) demand: A conceptual framework for a Malaysian study. International Journal of Business and Management, 7(6). https://doi.org/10.5539/ijbm.v7n6p115
Gujarati, D.N. & Porter, D.C. (2009). Basic Econometrics Fifth Edition. Singapura (SG), McGraw-Hill.
Sudana, I. M. (2011). Manajemen Keuangan: Teori dan Praktik. Jakarta (ID), Erlangga.
Soo, H.H. (1996). Life Insurance and Economic Growth: Theoretical and Empirical Investigation. (Dissertation, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Nebraska, United States). Retrived from https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/dissertations/AAI9712527/
Content of The Manuscript
- Title. The title should be brief, short, clear, and informative which reflects the article content. The length of the title maximum 15 words. Each word of the title should be started with capitalized letter.
- Author’s name(s) and institutions. The author’s name(s) should be accompanied by the author’s institutions, affiliation address and email addresses, without any academic titles and/or job title.
- Abstract. The abstract should be maximum 200 words. Abstract contains clear statement of the background of the study, the purpose of the study, method, result, and implication, with no references cited.
- Keywords should be maximum five phrases. Keywords should be referred to JEL Classification System.
- Introduction. The introduction describes the rationale of the research, problem statement, purposes of study, the novelty, and hyphotesis.
- Literature Review. This section may include the theoritical framework and some previous studies that have been conducted.
- Methods includes a) the types and sources of data that describes data and information collection techniques, and b) data analysis method.
- Result and Discussion. The result presents the empirical findings of the research conducted, while the discussion discuses the finding obtained. Discussion should show relevance between the results and the field of investigation and/or hypotheses.
- Conclusions should be written briefly in single paragraph, but reflects results obtained. Implication of results should be added stating what the findings of this research and imply for Islamic economic and finance.
- Acknowledgment (if any) to person(s) or institution(s) who help the research should be stated.
- References. This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred in the manuscript. References should be the last 10 year publication with minimum 80% of primary literature (journal and proceeding). References should be listed alphabetically by the author(s) last name(s) and the year of publication. We suggest authors to use reference management software like EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc., to prepare citations and the list of references.