Information For Authors_English
Scope, policy, and guidelines to authors
Jurnal Teknologi & Industri Pangan
The Jurnal Teknologi & Industri Pangan (Journal of Food Technology and Industry) publishes high quality research manuscripts dealing with food science, food technology, food nutrition and its application in food industry. The published articles may be in the form of research articles or short communications which have not been published previously in other journals (except in the form of an abstract or academic thesis).
Types of manuscript
Research article is an original full-length research paper which should not exceed 4500 words. Follow this order when typing research article: title, authors name and affiliations, abstract, keywords, introduction, materials and method, result and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement (if necessary), and references.
Short communication of up to 3000 words and consists of title, authors name and affiliations, abstract, keywords, introduction, methodology (consists of materials and method), result and discussion, conclusion, acknowledgement (if necessary), and references.
The authors are fully responsible for the manuscript content. Any correspondence regarding the manuscript will be addressed to the author. Clearly mention who will handle correspondence during all of reviewing process including his/her email address, telephone and fax number (including area code), and the complete postal address.
Preparation of the manuscript
- The manuscript file is written in good English and Indonesian. It must be typewritten by using Microsoft Word processor with Arial Narrow 12 font on A4 paper.
- All graphics and figures should be printed by Laser-jet printer as a separate paper. The soft copy should be included.
- If the manuscritpt has been presented in scientific meeting, please mention in the footnote the detail about the meeting (name of conference, organizing comittee, date, place).
- If animal/human subject is involved in the in-vivo study, ethical clearance should be included in the manuscript.
- Two hard copies and soft copy of the manuscript in CD or as an e-mail attachment should be sent to the journal’s editor.
Guideline for the manuscript content
- The title of the article should be brief and informative.
- The title is written in English and Indonesian, all in capital letters, except for the species name. English translation of the title is placed in the bracket.
- Any latine names or any non-Indonesian words should be typed in italics in the entire manuscipt, not only in the title.
- The name of author's affiliation should be completely written (Laboratory/Department and Institution name), without mentioning the status of the author (lecturer, student, etc.).
- The abstract is written in one paraghraph using good English and Indonesian. Each should not exceed 250 words.
- The abstract should state briefly the highlight of the results, followed by quantitative data which is relevant to the title, and the major conclusions. The abstract is the most widely read in the manuscript so it should be able to deliver important information immediately to the readers.
The keywords are provided in English, not more than 5 important words representing the content of the abstract and can be used as searching words.
The introduction contains background of the research supported mainly by the relevant references and ended with the objectives of the research.
Materials and Method
- The materials used in the research should have clear specification and source.
- The methods used in the study should be explained in detail to allow the work to be reproduced. Reference should be cited if the method had been published.
- Specification of the instruments and equipments (except for glass wares) should also be mentioned clearly.
Results and Discussion
- The title of the table and figure should be numbered consecutively according to their appearance in the text.
- The title should begin in capital letter. The contents should be self-explanatory. Without any illustrations, the table and figure should be presented clearly in the manuscript. Please ensure that the data mentioned in the table do not replicate results described elsewhere in the article.
- The discussion of the results should be supported by relevant references.
- Decimals should be written as two digits after commas.
Conclusion is drawn based on the result, discussion, and the objectives of the research.
Acknowledgement (if necesary)
Acknowledgement contains the name of institution assisted in funding or providing facilities for the research project, or persons who assisted in technical work.
- The names of references are arranged in alphabetical order according to the last name of the first author and then further sorted chronologically.
- Name of author is written starting with the family/last name followed by the first letter of the first name, either for the first and second author or others.
- Title of book is written with capital letter for each initial word, except for conjunctions and forewords, while title of journal is only written in capital letter for the initial letter of the first word.
- The name of journal/bulletin is written using standard abbreviation.
- Year, volume and pages should be completely written.
- Reference from the internet is written along with the date cited.
- Minimum 80% of the cited references should be from the journals published within the last 10 years.
- DOI number of references should be mentioned, if applicable.
References to a journal publication:
Yuliana ND, Iqbal M, Jahangir M, Wijaya CH, Korthout H, Kottenhage M, Kim HK, Verpoorte R. 2011. Screening of selected Asian spices for anti obesity-related bioactivities. Food Chem 126: 1724 – 1729. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2010.12.066.
Reference to a book:
Lioe HN, Apriyantono A, Yasuda M. 2012. Soy Sauce: Typical Aspects of Japanese Shoyu and Indonesian Kecap. 93-102. CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida.
Reference to a thesis/dissertation
Merdiyanti A. 2008. Paket teknologi pembuatan mi kering dengan memanfaatkan bahan baku tepung jagung [Skripsi]. Bogor: Fakultas Teknologi Pertanian, Institut Pertanian Bogor.
Reference to an internet website:
Van der Sman RGM. 2012. Soft matter approaches to food structuring. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0001868612000620 [04 Juni 2012].
Manuscript is sent to:
Redaksi Jurnal Teknologi & Industri Pangan
Departemen Ilmu dan Teknologi Pangan, FATETA IPB
Kampus IPB Darmaga, PO.Box 220 Bogor 16002
KRISTALISASI PELARUT SUHU RENDAH PADA PEMBUATAN FRAKSI KAYA VITAMIN E MENGANDUNG TOKOTRIENOL DARI DISTILAT ASAM LEMAK MINYAK SAWIT
[Low Temperature Solvent Crystallizationin Tocotrienol Containing Vitamin E Rich Fraction Preparation from Palm Fatty Acid Distillate]
Kgs Ahmadi1)*, dan Teti Estiasih2)
1) Program Studi Teknologi Industri Pertanian – Universitas Tribhuwana Tunggadewi Jl. Telaga Warna – Tlogomas - Malang
2) Program Studi Ilmu dan Teknologi Pangan – Universitas Brawijaya Jl. Veteran – Malang
Diterima 05 November 2010 / Disetujui 10 Oktober 2011