Already have a Username/Password for Jurnal Pengolahan Hasil Perikanan Indonesia?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
JURNAL PENGOLAHAN HASIL PERIKANAN INDONESIA (JPHPI)
Indonesian Journal of Aquatic Product Technology
1. Manuscripts must be original, have not been published previously in any scientific journal, not being submitted for publication elsewhere, and will not be submitted to any media during the review process, unless the author have officially withdrawn the manuscripts from JPHPI. The statement must be stated in a statement of originality and copyright release form.
2. Manuscripts submitted are research articel or review which have no conflict with bioethical research.
3. Manuscripts encompass a broad range of research topics in biochemical of fisheries, biotechnology of fisheries, food processing, characteristic of raw materials, and quality of aquatic products.
4. The journal is published 3 (three) times a year, i.e April, August, and December.
5. If authors have any suggestions for 3 (three) peer-reviewers, please write the name, institution, and email.
1. Manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia or English and use standard scientific usage.
2. Manuscript should be prepared in Microsoft Office Word format (.doc), except for Graphs using Microsoft Excel program and Figures using JPEG, TIF, or PDF.
3. Manuscript should be typed using Times New Roman fonts at 12 points.
4. Manuscript should be typed double-spaced except for Title, Tables, Title of Graphs/Figures, and appendices are single spaced. Manuscript is prepared in A4 paper, and margin on all four sides are 2.5 cm.
5. Tables, Graphs, and Figures should be placed after References of the manuscript.
6. Use page numbers.
7. Manuscript content should be arranged as the following order: Title, Name of the author(s), their institutions and email, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgment (if any), References.
8. Manuscript should be submitted electronically through online system:
Authors are unable to submit electronically could send the files to:
CONTENT OF MANUSCRIPT
1. Title must be brief, accurate, clear, specific and informative which reflect the article content. The length of the title is maximum 20 words. Each word of the title should be capitalized letter and 14 pt bold Times New Roman and be centered.
2. Name of author(s) are written as for references, without title and professional positions such as Prof, Dr, MSc, MS, Manager, etc. Name of author(s) should be in 12 pt Times New Roman bold. Do not abbreviate your last/family name. Always give your First and Last names.
3. Name of institution(s) must be accompanied with full address, telephone number, and e-mail. Please indicate Corresponding Author (include email address) by adding asterisk (*) in superscript behind the name with arabic number. Name of institution(s) should be in 11 pt Times New Roman .
4. Abstract must be written in Bahasa and English, in single paragraph and not more than 250 words (for non Bahasa speakers, please contact editor). Abstract contains clear statement of the objective, methods, results, and conclusion. Abstract should be in 10 pt with 1 pts space below.
5. Key words should be written in not more than 5 (five) words and listed alphabetically.
6. Introduction describes the background and objective (position at the end of introduction section); it should be written efficiently and supported by references. Introduction also illustrates state of the arts of the research.
7. Materials and Methods should be written clearly and completely, especially for materials, procedures, experimental design, and data analysis; so they can be repeated by other researchers. Authors should state clearly information of commercial product and equipment used in the research, such as commercial name, product spesification, and country. For the chemicals, please provide details of brand, purity, city, and country (i.e. H3BO4 2% (Merck, Darmstad, Germany)).
8. Results and Discussion contain experimental obtained results, brief discussion regarding the investigated problems, and supporting references. Results and Discussion should be written collectively. They should not be separated.
9. Conclusion should be written briefly in single paragraph and reflecting the answer of research purpose.
10. Acknowledgement (if any) to person(s) or institution(s) who help or support the experiment should be stated.
a. References should have minimum 80% of journals.
b. Citing a citation, such as Morris in Miftah et al. (2008), and using ‘Anonym’ as reference are not allowed.
c. The electronic publications are only allowed to use, if those are published by a competent source, such as journal and government or private institution, and the accessed date should be put after the last sentence.
d. References should be listed alphabetically by the author(s) last name(s) and the year of publication.
For journals: author(s), year, title of the article(s), journal name, volume and number of publication, and pages. Journals should be abbreviated according to the conventional abbreviation used by Pubmed (ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pubmed/J_Entrez.txt). Example,
Nurhayati T, Rusyadi S, Suwandi R, Nugraha R. 2013. Purification and characterization of a cathepsin inhibitor from catfish (Pangasius sp.) of Indonesiaan water. International Food Research Journal 20(2):941-946.
For books: the order is author(s), year, title of the book, name and place of publisher. Example,
AOAC. 2005. Official Methods of Analysis of AOAC International. 18th ed. Assoc. Off. Anal. Chem., Arlington.
For article in a book: author(s), year, title of the article, editor(s), book title, name and place of publisher. Example,
Rasmussen RS, Morrissey MT. 2008. Chitin and chitosan. Di dalam: Barrow C, Sahidi F (editor) Marine Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods. London (NY): CRC Press.
Capelli B, Cysewski GR. 2010. Potential health benefits of Spirulina microalgae. A review of the existing literature. Cyanotech Corporation. Hawaii, 96740. www.cyanotech.com.
TABLES, FIGURES, AND GRAPHS
a. Tables should be prepared using Microsoft Word Table function, select Insert>Table and follow the instruction. Please do not separate cells into rows and columns by using tabs and spaces. Here with a sample table constructed correctly:
b. Tables should be clear and stand alone (giving a complete information although without text).
c. The title should be brief and clear. Only the initial word is capitalized, typed above the table, and numbered with Arabic style.
d. Separating lines should be made horizontal (three lines) to separate head of column (treatment) and data, and closing line.
e. Data should be completed with standard deviation (SD), standard error (SE), or coefficient of variation (CV) to figure out its variation.
f. Footnote for statistical analysis should be written: “Means in the same column/row with different superscript differ significantly (p<0.05) or (p<0.01)”.
g. Each abbreviation or symbols should be described in footnote.
h. The maximum of table is five (5).
2. Figures and Graphs
a. Title should be brief and clear, located under the Figures or Graphs. Only the initial word is capitalized and numbered with Arabic style.
b. Symbols and description of Figure and Graph should be defined in title.
c. Figure and Graph must have good resolution.
d. Bar charts should be made in 2-dimension in the simplest shading, not a solid or block shading.
e. The maximum of Figure and Graph is five (5).
Table 1 The growth rate of probiotic bacteria on different carbon source media
Growth Rate of Bacteria (OD/hours)
Bacillus subtilis C2
Bacillus firmus C11
Bacillus flexus C13
Bacillus flexus C14
Note: The average of ± standard deviation, Italic letters on the same value in the same row are not
significantly different at p>0.05.
1. Unit of measurements use International System (IS).
2. Some abbreviations are written as follows:
°C degree Celsius
ANOVA analysis of variance
ATP adenosine triphosphate
cfu colony-forming unit
CoA coenzyme A
CP crude protein (N × 6.25)
CV coefficient of variation
DM dry matter
DNA deoxyribonucleic acid
EDTA ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid
F F-distribution (variance ratio)
HPLC high-performance (pressure) liquid chromatography
IC50 inhibitory concentration 50%
IU international unit
mL mili liter
LD50 lethal dose 50%
LSD least significant difference
n sample size (used parenthetically or
RNA ribonucleic acid
rpm revolutions/minute (not to be used
to indicate centrifugal force)
SAS Statistical Analysis System
SD standard deviation (sample)
SE standard error
t t- (or Student) distribution
Figure 1 Viscosity profile of carrageenan solution obtained from coastal region of Sumenep (a) and
Takalar (b) with added Ca2+
Figure 2 Tissue freshness of tilapia (400 times), a) non ultrasonic waves b) with ultrasonic waves
TMAO trimethyl amine oxide
TPC total plate count
TVB total volatile base
TVN total volatile nitrogen
VFA volatile fatty acid(s)
vol/vol volume/volume (used only in
wt weight (use only in tables, not in
a. Heading should be written in capital letters, bold, centered, and include:
MATERIALS AND METHODS
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
b. Sub-heading, the first letter for each word should be capitalized, align left, and bold.
c. Sub-sub-heading, only the first word should be capitalized, written at the beginning of the paragraph, bold, and followed by full stop.
1. Suitability of manuscript for publication is judged by the reviewers and editorial board.
2. Author(s) must revise the manuscripts as suggested by reviewers and editorial board.
3. All the review process are conducted in blind review.
4. Reprints of all manuscripts will be provided to the corresponding author and should be read carefully and checked against the typed manuscript. Corrections may be returned soon.
5. Copy right of article(s) published is held by JPHPI.
MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION FEE
1. Author(s) are charged IDR 750,000,- for Indonesian author(s) or 200 US$ for foreign author(s) for each article accepted for publication. Corresponding authors will get 2 (two) reprints.
2. Colour images page(s) will be charged separately.
ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
Editorial Board of JPHPI
Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science,
Bogor Agricultural University
Jln. Agatis, Kampus IPB Darmaga, Bogor
Telephone: +62 251 8622915
Facsimile: +62 251 8622916
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- penyerahan tersebut belum dipublikasikan sebelumnya, juga bukan sebelum jurnal lain untuk dipertimbangkan (atau penjelasan telah disediakan di Komentar untuk Editor).
- File pengajuan di Microsoft Word, RTF, atau ODF
- Jika tersedia, URL untuk referensi telah disediakan.
- teks satu spasi; menggunakan font 12-point; mempekerjakan miring, bukan menggarisbawahi (kecuali dengan alamat URL); dan semua ilustrasi, angka, dan tabel ditempatkan dalam teks pada titik-titik yang tepat, bukan di akhir.
- Teks mematuhi persyaratan gaya dan bibliografi diuraikan dalam Pedoman Penulis , yang ditemukan dalam Tentang Journal.
- Jika mengirimkan ke bagian peer-review jurnal, petunjuk di Memastikan Blind Ulasan telah diikuti.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Statistik Pengunjung