HOW TO REGISTER AND SUBMIT A MANUSCRIPT
How to submit a manuscript to HAYATI Journal of Biosciences by using Online Journal System (OJS)
a. In order to be able of submitting a manuscript you must have an OJS account and registered as an author
b. Click the “register menu” on the menu toolbar of the interface page (http://journal.ipb.ac.id/index.php/HAYATI/index) and further fill in the blank with the required in formation in the “profile” window
c. You must enter (1) a username, (2) a password, (3) your first name, (4) your last name, and (5) your email address. Please choose a username and password that are easy to remember.
d. It will be better for our complete database, if you also enter the other information requested such as mailing address, phone, fax, and biographical information.
e. Please check the box “confirmation” to provide you an email confirmation regarding to the successfulness of the registration process. The email will also give you the information about your username and password.
f. Check the box to register as “Author: Able to submit items to this journal” and further lick on the “Register Button”
g. Instead of registered as an author, in this “profile menu” you may also registered as a reader or reviewer. (Please attach your CV for the reviewer registration to email@example.com)
Once registered as an author, you may log in at any time with your username and password.
2. Manuscript Submission
a. Log in with your username and password (“Log in” menu is provided in the menu tool bar at the top of the home page). After log in, you will be directly guided to the “User Home” page, please select your role as “Author”
b. At the “Active Submission” page, you may start the submission process by clicking the link “CLICK HERE to go to step one of the five-step submission process”
1. FISRT STEP (STARTING THE SUBMISSION)
a. At this page, you may choose the type of manuscript to be entered. At the moment, HAYATI Journal of Biosciences accommodates two types of paper which are article and short communication.
b. Confirm by checking off the box under the “Submission Checklist” that the manuscript has not been published elsewhere and is not under consideration elsewhere. For further information, regarding to the article’s format, please see “Instruction to Authors” by clicking the link “Author Guideline” on the fifth list of” submission checklist”.
c. You may also give any comments (if necessary) to the editor by fill in the box “comments to the editor”
d. Click “save and continue”
2. SECOND STEP (ENTERING THE SUBMISSION DATA)
· In the second step, you must enter each data required including (1) the profile of authors, in this menu you must also enter the co-authors data (if present), by clicking “Add Author” menu , (2) Title and abstract, (3) Indexing, and (4) Supporting Agencies.
3. THIRD STEP (UPLOADING THE SUBMISSION)
a. At the third step, you may able to upload the file of your submitting manuscript.
b. On this page, click Browse (or Choose File) which opens a Choose File window for locating the file on the hard drive of your computer.
c. Locate the file you wish to submit and highlight it.
d. Click Open on the Choose File window, which places the name of the file on this page.
e. Click Upload on this page, which uploads the file from the computer to the journal's web site and renames it following the journal's conventions.
f. Once the submission is uploaded, click Save and Continue at the bottom of this page.
4. FOURTH STEP (UPLOADING SUPPLEMENTARY FILES)
· This is an optional step of the manuscript submission. You may be able to add any supplementary files that support the manuscript. The files, which can be in any format, might include (a) research instruments, (b) data sets, which comply with the terms of the study's research ethics review, (c) sources that otherwise would be unavailable to readers, (d) figures and tables that cannot be integrated into the text itself, or other materials that add to the contribution of the work.
5. FIFTH STEP (CONFIRMING THE SUBMISSION)
· The page provides you the information of the file summary of your uploaded submission. To submit the article to HAYATI Journal of Biosciences, please click “Finish Submission”. Once the submission has been logged successfully, you will receive a submission acknowledgment by e-mail. If you do not receive an e-mail indicating that your manuscript was successfully submitted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also check or monitor the status of your article by entering the “active submission” menu (on the author page).
HAYATI Journal of Biosciences
Department of Biology
Bogor Agricultural University
Bogor 16680, Indonesia